Thursday, May 27, 2010

I'm baaaack!

Ok. So. School is ALMOST over. Allllmost. I just finished my math, which I proceeded to weep tears of joy, thinking about all icky-ness I went though. Good thing it's over.

Ummmm. Haven't been posting very much lately, sorry about that...heh heh. Hopefully, the summer will prove to be a good...posting time, or whatever. If it doesn't, I fail. Been knitting a ton lately. Also been reading a ton. Our reading goal-ish thing for the summer is to read 1(+ for me, wheee!) book(s) a week. Only on week two, but I'm really loving all the time I now have for fun reading. Books that I pick *myself*. YAY! Week 1 was "North and South" by Elizabeth Gaskell(*love*) and now it's "The Return of the Native" by Thomas Hardy. Which is very interesting. The ending is kind of slow...for me anyways. Lol, lets just say I'm looking forward to other things.

Anyway, back to knitting. My stitch count is....*quickly calculates*

291,432!!

The blanket is awesome for this. And I've been working on those socks for my mom, like I said in my last post. I'm doing the Purl Bee's Fishnet Socks, yeppers! Using an awesome Zauberball. Pure amazingness.

I have SOOOO many knitting projects lined up.

There's....

  1. Feministy's Traveling Woman
  2. FrenchPressKnits' French Press Felted Slippers (personally, I don't like that color..but yeah :-)
  3. Kate Davies' Owl (I want to make this sooooo bad!! To bad the weather isn't suiting right now...>.<)
  4. The Shetland Trader's (Gudrun Johnston) The Little Black Dress
  5. Beautia Dew's Quadrat
  6. Coffee and Cream's (Selina Kyle) Catnip Bunnies
And those are just a few. I still have to finish my mom's socks, my sister's blanket, and my skirt.

The recitals are over. Had a piano one and ballet one. Sad/happy both are over.

Ummm..I just made Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes and...chocolate chip cookies! For my uberly awesome sister, who is coming home for this amazing weekend. She should be arriving in about an hour or something...wheeee!

My summer is going to be amazing. Lots and lots of traveling! I get to finally meet people, and I get to reunite with other peoples that my life isn't complete without!! Soooo excited! I have two camps I'm going to. Mmmmhm. This summer is going to be thebomb.com! Booyah!!

Ok, well...I better go. I need to get more cookies in the oven :-)

*passes out a plate of cookies and cupcakes* Enjoy!

May you never run out of stitch markers and your stash be overflowing :-P

Love,
Grace

3 comments:

Kaley Grace said...

Oooh, your summer sounds like it 'twill be a blast!

WOW, a book a week! You guys are very ambitious! *cheers* :)

I love the catnip bunnies. So very Grace-like.

And, Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes sound completely SCRUMPTIOUS! How did they turn out? I want the recipe oh-so-badly. :)

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!! :)

Kaley Grace said...

Oooh, your summer sounds like it 'twill be a blast!

WOW, a book a week! You guys are very ambitious! *cheers* :)

I love the catnip bunnies. So very Grace-like.

And, Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes sound completely SCRUMPTIOUS! How did they turn out? I want the recipe oh-so-badly. :)

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!! :)

-- margaret said...

You make me wish I could knit. And cook, for that matter. lol.